“I give you this charge: Preach the Word” (2 Timothy 4:1-2).
My calling and passion in life are to glorify God through the exposition of Holy Scripture. From the time God called me to pastoral ministry from practicing law, I knew I was going to serve as a local pastor and preach.
I realize that many people like to hear inspirational speakers promising “the best life now” or offering pragmatic techniques to make life more comfortable. But I believe the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God and therefore relevant and sufficient for every spiritual need.
Why have an updated Verdict?
With today’s technology, we have more opportunities than ever before to preach the Word and share the Gospel with an incredible reach. This new and updated Verdict is offered as an online extension of ministry and an additional resource for those interested in or curious about the exposition of Scripture and commentary on contemporary issues based on biblical principles.
Features and Opportunities to Share
You’ll find it mobile-friendly; inclusive of videos and articles; and an archive easily searchable by keyword or category.
Initial categories will include:
- Following Jesus –living an authentic life for Jesus Christ
- Contemporary Culture – the challenges of living in today’s world
- God and His Word – remembering what the Bible says about our great God and His promises
- Hope and Encouragement
- Tough Questions
- Focus topics (Ex. Missions, The Problem of Evil)
- John’s Desk
How you can interact and participate:
- Sign up to receive monthly summaries of new content
- Share individual items with friends via email or social media
- Comment to further discussion and discovery
To God be the glory.
Welcome (back) to the Verdict!